Storm own booK!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 pm

I don't have a problem with her being with T'Challa, just having her owe who she is to him. Storm owes herself to no man.
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Yeah it's like she can't take care of herself...
When did they lost Storm so much? Why don't they stick to the old Storm?
It's so much cooler...
avatar
Chatte

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Probably because old powerful Storm was threatening to become more popular than Marvel's princess, Jean Grey.
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by The Weather God on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I think T'Challa and Storm are an awesome couple, they were just brought together the wrong way. They just need a better writer to write them like Chris Yost did in Worlds Apart, I think he wrote them very well together.
avatar
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 219
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : Kansas City, Missouri

View user profile http://storm-goddess.go-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 pm

So that they come together as equals, not with Storm as the princess in the tower and T'Challa as the paladin who rescues her.
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:04 pm

EyeOfTheStorm wrote:Probably because old powerful Storm was threatening to become more popular than Marvel's princess, Jean Grey.

Yeah and that's the reason they made Phoenix! And this all thing with Jean Grey and the Phoenix became so Mary Sue-ish!
I hate it so much..
I mean I like Phoenix but don't you come on me and say that she's the almighty, the one and only, the most powerful and bla bla...

Back then, Storm used to be equal to the Phoenix herself even though she was a evolving character - thanks to Claremont, who said they we're equals in term of raw power - and they we're supposed to evolve Storm too, but noo why evolve her, to be even much more powerful than Jeanie girl?
No, better leave it this way..
Again Storm is let apart... again and again!
I wonder if they will ever make justice to Storm?
avatar
Chatte

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:05 pm

EyeOfTheStorm wrote:So that they come together as equals, not with Storm as the princess in the tower and T'Challa as the paladin who rescues her.

Hahah, funny said! But you are right!
avatar
Chatte

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Thank you. I'm glad you agree. :-)
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by The Weather God on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:20 pm

Chatte wrote:
EyeOfTheStorm wrote:Probably because old powerful Storm was threatening to become more popular than Marvel's princess, Jean Grey.

Yeah and that's the reason they made Phoenix! And this all thing with Jean Grey and the Phoenix became so Mary Sue-ish!
I hate it so much..
I mean I like Phoenix but don't you come on me and say that she's the almighty, the one and only, the most powerful and bla bla...

Back then, Storm used to be equal to the Phoenix herself even though she was a evolving character - thanks to Claremont, who said they we're equals in term of raw power - and they we're supposed to evolve Storm too, but noo why evolve her, to be even much more powerful than Jeanie girl?
No, better leave it this way..
Again Storm is let apart... again and again!
I wonder if they will ever make justice to Storm?

I don't think Claremont wanted to fully unleash Storm's power until later on. He's already hinted that she can evolve into an elemental being and summon an unlimited supply of power in the galactic core. He probably didn't want to end up ruining the character by making her as powerful as Phoenix at the time. Jean's basically been in and out of the comics since her power boost, and she has yet to make a prominent return to the team.

Storm on the other hand is suffering with the power levels she already has. All we see is a wallpaper Storm that shoots lightning all the time. It really is sad, I'm almost positive Claremont is disappointed with the current Storm. He shows this in his X-men Forever, by having Storm kill T'Challa and become the supreme ruler of Wakanda. He even went as far as to make Storm say that she is second to no one, which is what she is to her currently written character in canon.
avatar
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 219
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : Kansas City, Missouri

View user profile http://storm-goddess.go-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Maybe I should read Claremont's story. Is that the one where she kills Wolvie as well?
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by The Weather God on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Yes it is!
avatar
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 219
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : Kansas City, Missouri

View user profile http://storm-goddess.go-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by EyeOfTheStorm on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Poor Wolvie. *sheds a tear* It would be cool to see Storm take off the gloves and raise some serious hell though.
avatar
EyeOfTheStorm

Posts : 43
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-06-24

View user profile http://ororosgarden.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Well Chris Claremont is the best writer! And not only for Storm, for them all...
The others after him, don't know, but they just don't make it like they should...

Btw guys, I'm probably off topic, but where can I read the stories?
I mean what I know is what I've digged up myself on the internet, but I would like to read this stuff somewhere... Like I said here o comics, no noting, and I will love to read more about Storm Smile
avatar
Chatte

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by RLAAMJR. on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Chatte wrote:Well Chris Claremont is the best writer! And not only for Storm, for them all...
The others after him, don't know, but they just don't make it like they should...

Btw guys, I'm probably off topic, but where can I read the stories?
I mean what I know is what I've digged up myself on the internet, but I would like to read this stuff somewhere... Like I said here o comics, no noting, and I will love to read more about Storm Smile

Buy X-Men Worlds Apart #1-4 or you can buy the graphic novel
Buy The New Fantastic Four #544-550, to see Storm in action
Buy Ororo: Before The Storm, to know about her childhood life
avatar
RLAAMJR.

Posts : 198
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Chatte on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:38 pm

RLAAMJR. wrote:
Chatte wrote:Well Chris Claremont is the best writer! And not only for Storm, for them all...
The others after him, don't know, but they just don't make it like they should...

Btw guys, I'm probably off topic, but where can I read the stories?
I mean what I know is what I've digged up myself on the internet, but I would like to read this stuff somewhere... Like I said here o comics, no noting, and I will love to read more about Storm Smile

Buy X-Men Worlds Apart #1-4 or you can buy the graphic novel
Buy The New Fantastic Four #544-550, to see Storm in action
Buy Ororo: Before The Storm, to know about her childhood life

And from where?
Because I'm from Romania Sad
Here anything comics related is zero!
No

I would love to read more things about Storm!
avatar
Chatte

Posts : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by God Of The Storm on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Chatte wrote:
RLAAMJR. wrote:
Chatte wrote:Well Chris Claremont is the best writer! And not only for Storm, for them all...
The others after him, don't know, but they just don't make it like they should...

Btw guys, I'm probably off topic, but where can I read the stories?
I mean what I know is what I've digged up myself on the internet, but I would like to read this stuff somewhere... Like I said here o comics, no noting, and I will love to read more about Storm Smile

Buy X-Men Worlds Apart #1-4 or you can buy the graphic novel
Buy The New Fantastic Four #544-550, to see Storm in action
Buy Ororo: Before The Storm, to know about her childhood life

And from where?
Because I'm from Romania Sad
Here anything comics related is zero!
No

I would love to read more things about Storm!
Then I would suggest DLing the comics.........That's what they are for.
avatar
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 178
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 102
Location : With the Goddess, New York

View user profile http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Original_Sin/

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by The Weather God on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Was gonna say that, orkut has a comic download section that you can join. It's for people that don't have comics sold in their area.

Click Here to join their group and be sure your registered with google.

avatar
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 219
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 29
Location : Kansas City, Missouri

View user profile http://storm-goddess.go-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by God Of The Storm on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 pm

The Weather God wrote:Was gonna say that, orkut has a comic download section that you can join. It's for people that don't have comics sold in their area.

Click Here to join their group and be sure your registered with google.


I haven't went there in AGES!!!!Twisted Evil

Memories Sad
avatar
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 178
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-13
Age : 102
Location : With the Goddess, New York

View user profile http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Original_Sin/

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by RLAAMJR. on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 am

SrqNeith wrote:
The Weather God wrote:
stormulttt wrote:It is obvious storm is the golden shell of marvel. Women like sue, jean and ms.marvel are great but storm is like the creme of that crop.

Storms series should take place in africa and egypt and ALL OVER! in asgard with cosmic beings just doing stuff we really havent saw much of. like her finding out more about the elder gods since oshtu favors her family. and finding out more about ashake and ayesha(first 616 female sorcerer supreme) storm has alot she could do!


watcha guys think!

Interesting idea, I would love to see a Storm solo series. I would also like to see more of her mystical heritage as you've pointed out in your post. I think it could be successful if given the right story and advertisement.


Those are great ideas! I wish they would explore more of Ororo's mystic side and family tree more. I know there are some good writers and artists out there to make this happen! Come on MARVEL make your move!! bounce


I want a Storm ongoing solo comics!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I love your avatar. Smile
avatar
RLAAMJR.

Posts : 198
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by stormulttt on Fri May 02, 2014 12:11 pm

Storm #1 out July 1st.
avatar
stormulttt

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-11-17
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Storm own booK!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum