X-men Forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

X-men Forever

Post by The Weather God on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:08 am

Just read issue 15 of X-men Forever and have a review rounded up from the conclusion of this alternate version of Storm, now referred to as Perfect Storm. Quite possibly the most daring thing I have seen in the history of Ororo's past.

X-men Forever is a comic written by Chris Claremont, who is continuing his X-men Saga where he left off many years ago. This was before many things, including Storm's marriage to The Black Panther. While it is an alternate reality, it's the original writer who has written the x-men for over 30 years and continuing from where he was last kicked off from the X-men comics. This is everyone's chance to see what the X-men could of been, his visions for his characters and where they would end up eventually, had he not left those many years ago.

If you are unaware of what's been going on in X-men Forever previously, Storm killed Wolverine by destroying the flesh from his bones down to a molecular level with a single lightning bolt. She has apparently been working for a secret underground organization for years known as the Consortium. Xavier discovered what happened through the memories of an unconscious Jean and alarmed Cyclops of the unthinkable incidents. They turned on Ororo and attacked her, she fought back with powerful attacks and was able to get away with a nasty scar left by kitty. But that wasn't all, the Consortium discovered what happened and considered Storm a liability and sent their own men in to execute her. She retaliated by completely disintegrating a soldier in front of the X-men who were completely shocked at her actions. She flew off and hasn't been heard of since.

That's when we come to issue 15.

She flew over to Wakanda and landed in T'Challa's palace and was rescued by him. He defended her against fury's accusations and stated that he scanned Ororo's dna. It came back that it was an absolute perfect match to be the real Storm. He trusted Storm and the issue went on to show the Storm we have always known, a caring and heroic Storm with morals and compassion. It was apparently all an act as she soon turned on her husband and plotted an assassination against him. She stated that she loved T'Challa but she also would never stand second to any man or thing. She showed as much when she stabbed T'Challa's murderer and went on to fake an explosion which killed all the royal government in the palace. Shocked by this, the people turned to Ororo as the new and only ruler of Wakanda. Which was what she had planned the entire time to get her revenge against the X-men, Consortium, Fury, and more importantly her beloved kitten for leaving her that scar.

It was an absolutely magnificent issue, everything was fleshed out well and the story is coming around nicely for the evil Storm. My guess is this is an evil Storm clone and that Claremont is finally trying to display a Storm that has been asked for for years. We can expect to see massive power upgrades as her morals have been thrown out the window and caring toward the people she love no longer matter. I'm looking forward to reading more on this and can't wait.

10/10, nuff said, Claremont is a beast!

Last edited by The Weather God on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://storm-goddess.go-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: X-men Forever

Post by RLAAMJR. on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 am

Nice one. I hope she's not the real Storm. Hmmm... You forgot to tell us more about lil "ro though.
RLAAMJR.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hwoarang1986 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm

i saw the scans from the pr. situation where storm left the x-men but the rest... i didn't knew.. hell how evil!!
hwoarang1986

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 am

I think Claremont is the only one who makes Storm justice!
He never let her in the shadow, he always brings her in the flash light... I love Claremont!

Last edited by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chatte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:21 pm

I agree with you whole heartedly, Claremont made Storm what she is known for. While she may not be as strongly written in current comics, she will always be looked to as one of the greatest X-men of all times.
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatte on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Oops now I saw I made Claremot a female, lol. I edited that now Very Happy
Yeah even me, which never got to have the comics, cause here they weren't distributed, knows that she is strong and I get soo pissed when I see that people tend to put her away and make her weak.
That is what I HATE!

The put alot on accent on the Mary Sue-ish Phoenix thing and the all mighty power bla bla bla Wolverine...
I mean, ok, I love them all, but c'mon she was one of the best X-Men characters and now you make her a weak lady?
That's so unfair!

I am lucky that Internet exist, with its help I found all those cool stuff about Storm and found out that she can do far more than just a tornado, hurricane, etc, etc.
Chatte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Each scan is from different issues, but this is currently what she's been up to.
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:08 pm

With each scan I see from that series I begin to question my love for "current" CC.
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Original_Sin/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:21 am

I honestly haven't been reading much of the series, I read the first few issues with the evil Storm in it and that was all. His current stories have not been intriguing at all to me. Hopefully he has something wicked planned with this war Storm is about to have with the X-men. After all, we can't really expect to love everything he writes... Smile
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 pm

I wish they would let him come back to the 616 universe! I mean he probably isn't writing to the best of his skills because it doesn't REALLY matters what he puts down.
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 am

Maybe your right, we know how well he did in X-treme, maybe he just needs a bit more motivation for his golden stories to come out.

I think he should try a bit harder with his series, if marvel see's him making great stories in the series, then they may consider putting him back into the mainstream. He's already taken the first step by resurrecting wolverine, plus he's about to get into Storm again. So hopefully his time comes soon.
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by God Of The Storm on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 pm

I think he knows that Marvel is just keeping him around because they feel "sorry" for him. There are a lot of "new" writers that have taken the place of classic writers like him.
God Of The Storm
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Weather God on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:12 am

I think it's the reverse, see he quit on his own accord for working mainstream with the X-men. So I don't believe it's about Marvel feeling sorry for Claremont, but Claremont simply taking advantage of not being in the confines of the limiting writing the 616 canon had set out due to Marvel's guidelines. This is what makes X-men Forever so special, because Claremont gets to go back and rewrite everything the way he wanted it to be before he left the nest.

This makes X-men Forever an importance because his version of the X-men is where everything came from in the first place. Now I'm not saying that this makes it canon in anyway, but Claremont has stated himself that this was the reason he got into the series in the first place, and where he is basing his series around.

The fact is though is that Claremont refused to write X-men anymore because marvel was stepping in to some of the ideas he had for his characters. But if he can get X-men Forever going strong then he can maybe sway marvel into altering their guidelines and let him write the series again.

After all, X-treme X-men was a really great series!
The Weather God
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top